Users are advised that if they wish to deny the use and saving of cookies from this website on to their computer’s hard drive they should take necessary steps within their web browsers security settings to block all cookies from this website and its external serving vendors.
Other cookies may be stored to your computer’s hard drive by external vendors when this website uses referral programs, sponsored links or adverts. Such cookies are used for conversion and referral tracking and typically expire after 30 days, though some may take longer. No personal information is stored, saved or collected.
What are cookies?
Cookies are small files saved to the user’s computer’s hard drive that track, save and store information about the user’s interactions and usage of the website. This allows the website, through its server to provide the users with a tailored experience within this website.
A cookie is a simple text file that is stored on your computer or mobile device by a website’s server and only that server will be able to retrieve or read the contents of that cookie. Each cookie is unique to your web browser. It will contain some anonymous information such as a unique identifier and the site name and some digits and numbers. It allows a website to remember things like your preferences or what’s in your shopping basket.
What cookies are used on this website?
This is a session cookie used to preserve data across subsequent accesses. It is a temporary cookie that remains in the cookie file of your browser until you close the browser. It is mainly used to maintain your identity.
This is a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc. Google Analytics sets a cookie in order to evaluate your use and compile meaningful site traffic reports.
Privacy and GDPR
The Wentworth Residents Association is committed to working within the GDPR (2018) guidelines and our privacy notice and data protection policies are available below.
Information we hold about our customers
We collect and process various categories of personal information from you at the start of, and for the duration of, your relationship with us. We will limit the collection and processing of information to information necessary to meet our legal obligations and to enable us to arrange to communicate issues, services or offers of legitimate interest to you as a resident of the Wentworth Estate.
Please note that if you do not agree to provide us with the requested information, it may not be possible for us to continue to provide such communication or services to you.
Basic personal information: name and address, and contact details. We may also process certain special categories of information for specific and limited purposes, we will only process special categories of information where we’ve obtained your explicit consent or are otherwise lawfully permitted to do so.
How we use your information
We will only use and share your information where it is necessary for us to carry out our legitimate Association activities. Please note that if you do not agree to provide us with the requested information, it may not be possible for us to continue to operate your membership.
The way we use your data is described below:
• Assess suitability for offers and services.
• Arrange and advise on offers and services available to you (Marketing).
• Develop, manage and maintain our relationships with you and for ongoing member engagement and dissemination of information regarding local and Estate issues / news.
• Investigate and resolve complaints or breaches of conduct by our members.
• Monitor, maintain and improve internal processes, information and data, technology and communications solutions and services.
• Perform general, financial and regulatory accounting and reporting
We want to make sure you are aware of your rights in relation to the personal information we process about you. We have described those rights and the circumstances below. If you wish to exercise any of these rights, if you have any queries about how we use your personal information that are not answered here, or if you wish to complain, please contact us firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that in some cases, if you do not agree to the way we process your information, it may not be possible for us to maintain your membership.
Further information or requests to invoke rights should be made in writing/email.
Your rights are summarised below:
• You have a right to get access to the personal information we hold about you.
• You have a right to rectification of inaccurate personal information and to update incomplete personal information.
• You have a right to request that we delete your personal information.
• You have a right to request us to restrict the processing of your personal information.
• You have a right to data portability.
• You have a right to object to the processing of your personal information.
• You have a right to object to direct marketing.
• You have a right to withdraw your consent.
Sharing data with 3rd parties
We will only use and share your information with third parties in the following circumstances:
• Where we have your permission.
• Where we are required by law and by law enforcement agencies, judicial bodies, government entities, tax authorities or regulatory bodies around the world with third party guarantors or other companies that provide you with benefits or services associated with your membership.
• Where permitted by law, it is necessary for our legitimate interests or those of a third party, and it is not inconsistent with the purposes listed above.
How we keep your information
By acting as an intermediary to provide you with products or services, we create records that contain your information, such as member account records. Records can be held on a variety of media (physical or electronic) and formats.
We manage our records to help us to serve our members and to comply with legal and regulatory requirements. Records help us demonstrate that we are meeting our responsibilities and to keep as evidence of our association’s activities.
Retention periods for records are determined based on the applicable legal or regulatory requirements. We normally keep customer account records beyond the life span of a membership in order that we can deal efficiently with any queries that you may have.
Once membership comes to an end we normally keep member account records for a further 12 months. Retention periods may be changed from time-to-time based on business or legal and regulatory requirements.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure with us and with any third parties who may act on our behalf.